The New Friends of the Oakland Public Library funds special passes to two museums each year in order to expand the cultural opportunities open to Oakland residents, especially children. The Friends have delegated the administration of the program to the Oakland Public Library staff.
American Museum of Natural History
Each voucher entitles one person to general admission at the Museum and one temporary special exhibition, IMAX film, Space Show, OR Seasonal Live Animal Exhibit. Bearers will also receive the discounted member rate on additional special exhibition tickets that they purchase that day at the museum. Vouchers have an expiration date and must be used by the date marked. For information about the Museum: www.amnh.org (212-769-5100).
$5.00 per voucher. Maximum limit of 4 vouchers per purchase. With valid library card.
Intrepid Sea, Air & Space Museum
The pass entitles borrower to general admission to the Museum for up to six individuals of any age, plus the user of the “members only” line. The Museum requires that you present your Oakland Public Library card. Discounts for parking or shows are not included.
A reservation and a $40.00 deposit are required, which will be refunded at the time the pass is returned. Reservations can be made up to two months ahead of time by calling the library at 201-337-3742. Pickup and return dates must be agreed upon at the time of reservation.
Pick up the pass during normal library hours on the agreed upon date. Return the pass on or before the agreed upon date. Note: By using the specifically provided envelope you have the option to return the pass via the library book drop after hours.
Wait listing: If the pass is already reserved, library staff will waitlist one additional borrower who will be called if the pass becomes available.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR INTREPID MUSEUM
- Eligibility: Borrower must have a valid library card in good standing from the Oakland Public Library (for both passes) and be 18 years of age or older.
- Deposit: The deposit required for the Intrepid Pass is to ensure that the Pass is returned to the library on the agreed upon date. The deposit will be returned to you when the pass is returned to the library.
- Cancellation: You may cancel or reschedule a reservation by telephone or in person at any time up to and including the date of your pickup.
- Late Fines: $5.00 will be deducted from your deposit each day the pass is not returned pas the agreed upon return date.
- Deposit Forfeit: The full deposit will be forfeited by you if the pass Is not returned within 10 days after the agreed upon return date or the next reservation could not be honored because of a late return.